UCentral is the student media network at the University of Central Oklahoma, featuring traditional media (television, radio, newspaper) and new media (web, podcasts, social networking) created by students majoring in professional media. UCentral is the transformative learning experience within the Mass Communication Department on the campus of UCO.
- UCentral News – Student Newscast
- The Vista – Student Newspaper
- UCentral Radio 99.3 fm – Student Radio Station
Letters to the Editor
The Vista encourages letters to the editor. Letters should address issues and ideas, not personalities. Letters must be typed, double spaced, and must include the author’s printed name, major, classification, and phone number. Phone numbers are included for contacting purposes only and are not published. Letters are subject to editing for libel, clarity, and space, or to eliminate statements of questionable taste. The Vista reserves the right not to publish submitted letters. Letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand delivered to Communications Building Room 129 during normal business hours or mailed to:
Editor, The Vista
100 N. University, Drive
Edmond, OK 73034-5209
UCentral Media facilities are housed in the Communications Building on the UCO Campus. General Inquiries can be sent to:
100 N. University, Drive Box 196
Edmond, OK 73034-5209
- UCentral News – Dr. Desiree Hill
- The Vista – George Lang
- UCentral Radio – Dr. David Nelson
The UCentral Media website is posted/published as a news, information, and entertainment public forum by UCO students. Opinions, editorials, graphics, reviews, commentaries, audio, photographs and/or videos published on this site (ucentralmedia.com) represent the views of the student creators and not necessarily the views of UCentral Student Media, the Department of Mass Communication, the University of Central Oklahoma or Regional University System of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education. UCentral and its media outlets are not an official medium for the aforementioned regent offices or university.
- To apply for a position with the Vista student newspaper, visit the university job site at jobs.uco.edu, select “Student”, and search “VISTA”.
- To apply for a position with UCentral News student newscast, visit the university job site at jobs.uco.edu, select “Student”, and search “UCentral” and select “Multimedia Journalists”